Complete Details of Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana, Odisha Govt’s Swasthya Bima Scheme 2019, How to Apply Online , Form, Eligibility etc.
Mr. Naveen Patnaik, the Honorable Chief Minister of Odisha on 17th January 2019, announced the extension of Free Health Services to all Government Medical College Hospitals under Biju Swasthya Kalyana Yojana (BSKY). The implementation of this Extension Starts from 1st February 2019.
This Article is Dedicated to cover every aspect of Odisha Govt’s Swasthya Bima Yojana – “Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana “. Here I will share the Features of this Scheme, Required documents to Apply, Eligibility Criteria, How to Apply. Let’s Get Started
Biju Swasthya Kalyana Yojana (BSKY)
Before we discuss other Details, Let’s take a look at key information regarding this Scheme :
[table id=36 /]
Benefits of Biju Swasthya Bima Scheme :
- Free Blood Bank Facility
- Cover of Rs. 5 Lakh Per Annum Per Family. For Female Members, the Medical Cover is increased to Rs. 7 Lakh
- Cashless Service (For Patient Beds, ICU Facility, OT Facility, Surgeries, etc.)
- Benefits of Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana can are available at Village Hospitals, District HQ Hospitals & Now in All Government Medical Colleges too (As per recent extension on 17th January 2019)
- Residential Certificates: Applicant needs to submit Residential Certificate to prove that he/She is a Permanent resident of the State
- Income Certificate: As you are aware, the concerned department has imposed income related criteria. That’s why it is important for the applicant to present Income Certificate
- Aadhaar Card: Applicant needs to Provide Aadhaar Card
- APL/BPL Certificate: APL, BPL category Candidates need to submit respective category certificates
Note: If Asked, Applicant may also need to Submit Profession related papers. It provides the Applicant’s work-related information to the department. Hence, they can find out if the Applicant is a needy person or not.
How to Apply for Odisha Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana – Online or Offline Application Form?
Interested people have a common question related to Biju Swasthya Kalyana Scheme. They want to know How to Apply, Via Online Mode or Offline Mode?
Well, the Good News is that you need not to worry about applying.
All Families Covered under Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana (BKKY) Stream 1,2, RSBY (Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana), APL, BPL & AAY are automatically enrolled in this scheme.
List of Hospitals Under Biju Swasthya Kalyana Yojana (Updated 2019)
Various Private Hospitals are under BSKY. You Can Download PDF or View the Complete List of Such Hospitals.
Frequently Asked Questions & Their Answer Regarding Odisha Govt’s Biju Swashya Kalyan Yojana
What is Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana (BSKY)
Odisha Government announces Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana. This Scheme aims to provide universal health coverage (UHC), with particular emphasis on the health protection of economically vulnerable families. BSKY has two components
- Free health services for all (irrespective of income, status or residence) in all State Government health care facilities starting from Subcenter level up to District Head Quarter Hospital level.
- An additional facility of free healthcare beyond District Headquarters hospital level, for over 70 lakh economically vulnerable families in the State, who are provided Annual Health coverage of Rs.5 lakh per family and Rs 7 lakh for the women members of the family
Who is eligible under this Scheme
- All families are available for free health care services at Government health care Institutions up to District Head Quarter Hospital level.
- For additional facility of free healthcare all currently enrolled Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana card holders, Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana card holders, BPL card holders and Anatodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) card holders and families with annual income below Rs. Fifty thousand in rural areas and below Rs. Sixty thousand in urban areas are eligible.
What are the benefits under Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana?
- All health services are free of cost. It includes free drugs, free diagnostics, free dialysis, free Cancer chemotherapy, free OT, free I.C.U, free in-patient admission, etc.. These Facilities are now available in all government health institutions up to District Head Quarters Hospital level, for all persons.
- Families having BKKY card, RSBY card, BPL card, or AAY card or annual income of Rs 50,000/- in rural and Rs. 60,000/- in urban areas can avail cashless treatment at all Government Hospitals, and 208 impaneled Private Hospitals.
Which Hospitals will Provide Free Treatment under this Scheme?
- Under universal health coverage (UHC) free health care to all in Public Health Care Institutions from Subcenter to District Head Quarters Hospitals.
- BKKY, RSBY, BPL, AAY cardholders and low-income certificate holders can avail the additional facility of cashless treatment beyond District Headquarters Hospital level, at all public health care facilities and 208 empanelled private health care institution
How can I Apply? Is there any enrolment process?
All enrolled families covered under BKKY Stream I & II, RSBY, BPL and Anatodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) are auto-enrolled under this scheme. Families who have low income but don’t currently have these cards can apply for this scheme by obtaining income certificate for annual income below Rs. 50,000/- in rural areas and below Rs. 60,000/- in urban areas.
What are the documents required to avail Health Coverage Under this Scheme?
- To Avail Rs. 5 lakh health coverage per annum per family and Rs. 7 lakh health coverage per annum for women members of the family, the existing Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana (Stream I & II) or Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana or BPL or AAY cards have to be produced at the empanelled hospital.
- For low- income families who do not have these cards, valid income certificate (annual income below Rs. 50,000/- in rural areas and below Rs. 60,000/- in urban areas) is to be produced at the empanelled hospital, for availing cashless treatment.
Who is there to facilitate at the point of service?
Swasthya Mitras are deployed at the help desk in each empanelled hospital to attend and guide the beneficiaries of this Scheme
What is the Helpline Number (Customer Care Toll-Free No.) for BSKY?
If you have Query of Complaint regarding Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana, you can get in touch with the customer care team by Dialling 155369.
Support Persons are available from 6 AM to 10 PM
What is the Official Website of this Scheme?
There is no Specific website for Biju Swasthya Kalyana Scheme. However, Information and Updates regarding this Scheme are available at the websites: health.odisha.gov.in and nrhmorissa.gov.in
Feel Free to Share your Thoughts regarding Biju Swashyta Kalyan Scheme in the Comments Section Below.